FOCUS ON RECOVERY-UNITED, INC.
FOR-U IS DEDICATED TO PROMOTING A CULTURE OF WELLNESS
The Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a plan for managing, reducing or eliminating uncomfortable symptoms. It is a plan for living in physical and emotional wellness based on the five principles of:
* Personal Responsibility
The WRAP was developed by people who wanted to take the lead in their own recovery. It is currently being used by people in more than 10 states in the U.S., as well as in other countries including Great Britain and Australia.
Who Can Come To WRAP Groups?
Anyone can benefit from having a plan for wellness. Focus On Recovery-United, Inc., facilitates WRAP groups for:
* Anyone experiencing (or who has experienced) psychiatric and/or addiction symptoms;
* Family members;
* Providers; and/or
* Community members
How Does The WRAP Work?
Each participant is guided through the process of writing their own WRAP so that no two are exactly the same. It consists of:
* The Daily Maintenance Plan - includes describing how you feel when you are well and making a list of what you need to do (and/or might need to do) on a daily basis to remain well.
* Triggers (external) - identifies things which may cause symptoms to begin and lists what you can do in response to any of these events or situations.
* Early Warning Signs (internal) - identifies signs that may indicate that the situation is starting to get worse and lists what you can do if any of these signs appear.
* When Things Are Breaking Down - lists indicators that the severity of the situation has worsened considerably and what you can still do on your own behalf if they occur.
* Crisis Plan/Advance Directive- identifies those signs and symptoms that show you need assistance from your supporters and health care professionals in order to take care of yourself and remain safe. It includes information that your supporters can use to make appropriate choices for your care until you are able to resume making them yourself.
* Post Crisis Plan - this can be the Timetable for Resuming Responsibilities. It lists things that ease the transition back to recovery.
Is The WRAP A Replacement For My Current Treatment?
The WRAP is not a replacement for an individual's current health care and/or treatment program.
The WRAP can be used successfully by itself or as a complement to any other health care or treatment program.
Medications should never be stopped without serious consideration and advice from your physician.
Focus On Recovery- United, Inc.
100 Riverview Center, Suite 272
Middletown, CT 06457
Tel: (860) 704-0556, FAX: (860) 704-0767
Toll Free In CT: 1 (866) 255-5029